Be a part of the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii Young Professionals Program (YP) Mentor Hawaii cohort 7!
WHAT IS MENTOR HAWAII?
Mentor Hawaii is YP’s signature mentorship program that provides exclusive access to Hawaii’s top executives for one-on-one mentoring to support career growth and elevated business acumen.
While the one-on-one mentorship is designed to be tailored to each mentee’s specific goals, Mentor Hawaii provides a structured program as well as guidelines for suggested topics and best practices to make the most out of a mentorship experience.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
During the six-month long program, mentors in cohort 6 can expect:
- Kick-Off Introductory Breakfast – for mentor/mentee pairs to get acquainted and learn more about program expectations and desired outcomes
- Five Monthly Meetings With Your Mentor – in-person or Zoom/phone call meetings
- Celebratory Wrap Event – to recap the success of the program and network with other cohort mentees and mentors
- Other Cohort Networking Opportunities
Note: Above events and opportunities may be virtual given the COVID-19 pandemic and necessary precautions.
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM FEE?
Early Bird: $275 (standard rate)
* If you are selected for the program, you will be invoiced according to your application date.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? HOW DO I APPLY?
The 2022 Mentor Hawaii Program will open soon. Please check back for application details.
WHO ARE THE MENTORS?
- Lance Askildson, Provost, Chaminade University
- Lynn Babington, President, Chaminade University
- Pamela Chambers, Owner, Pam Chambers Consulting
- Mike Ching, Managing Director, Ernst & Young
- Wenona Harris, Executive Vice President, Digital, Anthology
- Malcolm Inamine, Chief Operations Officer, Hawaii Foodbank, Inc.
- Micah Kane, Chief Executive Officer & President, Hawaii Community Foundation
- John Komeiji, General Counsel & Vice President, Kamehameha Schools
- Marie Kumabe, Principal, Kumabe HR
- Bryan Luke, President & Chief Executive Officer, Hawaii National Bank
- Avi Mannis, Senior Vice President Marketing, Hawaiian Airlines
- Lisa Maruyama, Executive Director, Hawaii Alliance of Non-Profit Organizations
- John McNamara, President, CommPac
- Sherry Menor-McNamara, President & Chief Executive Officer, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii
- Tim Mobley, President, Connext Global Solutions
- Brennon Morioka, Dean, UH Manoa, College of Engineering
- Robert Nobriga, President, Island Holdings, Inc.
- David Okabe, Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer, Hawaii Pacific Health
- Kurt Osaki, Chief Executive Officer, Osaki Creative Group
- Jim Takatsuka, Digital Advisor, Microsoft
- Ann Teranishi, President & CEO, American Savings Bank
- Lisa Truong Kracher, President & Chief Executive Officer, Staffing Solutions of Hawaii and Kahu Malama Nurses
- Deena Tearney, Founder & CEO, Pacific Point
- Gwen Yamamoto-Lau, Executive Director, Hawaii Green Infrastructure Authority (DBEDT)
Here’s what previous cohort mentees have to say about their experience with the Mentor Hawaii program.
“Signing up for this program is one of the best things I have done for my career in a while. Being able to get advice from and be coached by a CEO is priceless! I’ve learned so much about what I can do to advance in my career, how to better advocate for myself, and how to communicate more effectively with my supervisor. My mentor has been very open and she’s easy to talk to, and she’s given me important insight into how a C-Level executive thinks.” -Program Graduate
“My mentor and I have been meeting in person every month and doing phone calls between our meetings. We’ve had great discussions about work culture, leadership development, self-awareness and advocacy.” -Program Graduate
“I loved my mentor’s willingness to participate in the program! It was so amazing to learn from someone in a safe environment since we did not work together.” -Program Graduate
“Mahalo for a great mentor experience! I enjoyed learning from my mentor on how to be a better manager and collaborator, and creating a connection that was extremely valuable.” -Program Graduate
MAHALO TO OUR SPONSORS!