Explores initiatives that help diversify and grow Hawaii’s economy, while maintaining strong support of the state’s main economic driver, tourism. Emphasis is placed on economic development through innovation at all levels, including research and development, which is critical to job creation, and enabling the ability to compete with players in the national and international arena.
Chair: V. Vance Roley
Issues include: Dual use and defense technology, environment and energy, tourism, research & development
2017 EDI Committee meeting schedule:
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Friday, February 17, 2017 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Monday, April 17, 2017 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Committee meetings are open to all Chamber members. If you are interested in joining a committee, please email Natasha Inouye to RSVP and ensure that we plan for ample meeting space and lunches, and that you receive meeting updates, as dates and times may change.
You can also download a full listing of our committees here.