Explores initiatives that help diversify and grow Hawaii’s economy, while maintaining strong support of the state’s main economic driver, tourism. Emphasis is placed on economic development through innovation at all levels, including research and development, which is critical to job creation, and enabling the ability to compete with players in the national and international arena.
Chair: V. Vance Roley
Issues include: Dual use and defense technology, environment and energy, tourism, research & development
2017-2018 EDI Committee meeting schedule:
- Wednesday, September, 20, 2017 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Wednesday January 17, 2018 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 16, 2018 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Committee meetings are open to all Chamber members. If you are interested in joining a committee, please email Natasha Inouye to RSVP and ensure that we plan for ample meeting space and lunches, and that you receive meeting updates, as dates and times may change.
You can also download a full listing of our committees here.
This Committee will be combined with Small Business & Entrepreneurship for the 2017-2018 Committee meetings.