As a member company, you and all of your employees can take advantage of the benefits of membership. Download a membership benefits flyer that you can email to your employees or post at your worksite to share these benefits with your employees. For more information, please email our Membership Department or call (808) 380-2617.
Small Businesses Benefit from SEO Boost as a Member
A tactic that is both cost-effective and already optimized for the local market is joining a Chamber of Commerce; it’s a great way to get local customers to your website.
When a business joins a Chamber, it is added to the Chamber’s online business directory. When the business’ contact information is included in the directory, web appearance and search engine optimization (SEO) increases.
The following are good items to add to a member profile in order to increase SEO:
- Business contact information
- Website link
- Links to social network profiles on sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn
- Business descriptions
- Logo and photos
- YouTube video link
- Keyword search phrases to help business’ Chamber webpage be found
- Map and directions to the business
Entering as much data as possible enriches online presence and targets local markets in the area for SEO and name recognition. Visit ChamberMaster to add these to your profile!
Additionally, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii creates a printed membership directory in partnership with The Honolulu Star-Advertiser, which posts the Membership Directory on its site for 90 days, increasing local SEO for businesses even more.
Article by: Mary Gammel, 2016. Until early 2015, Gammel was the owner and principal consultant of Quality Web Site Testing, LLC. View the full article.
Study Shows Value of Chamber Membership
- Being active in the local chamber is an effective business strategy. It communicates to consumers that a company uses good business practices, is reputable, cares about its customers and is involved in the community.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber, consumers are 10% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks more favorably of a company because the company is highly involved in its local chamber, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy and cares about its customers.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber, they are 49% more likely to think favorably of it and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
For a full copy of the study, click here. 2012 Research Study by The Schapiro Group: The Real Value of Joining a Local Chamber of Commerce