8:00am – 1:30pm
Neal Blaisdell Center
The Chamber will host its second Small Biz Academy workshop, a popular half-day series of seminars designed to help those interested in starting a business as well as small to medium-sized business owners run their operations more efficiently and profitably.
The seminars will also feature specific sessions for manufacturers, providing insight into selling at large retailers to utilization of government resources and other programs specifically for the manufacturing industry.
Our keynote lunch panel will include:
- 8:00am-8:45am – Social Media Basics. Speakers are Barbra Pleadwell, Partner, Hastings & Pleadwell, and Melissa Chang, Frolic Hawaii.
- 9:00am-9:45 am – Branding 101: Give your company the competitive advantage.Speaker is Doug Harris, CEO, The Harris Agency.
- 10:00am-10:45am – Marketing 101: The basics for small biz marketing.Speakers are John Fink, Manager, KFVE, and Janet Scheffer, President, Mana Means Communication.
- 11:00am-11:45am – Online Marketing 101: How to market your product/service online. Speaker is Asiana Ponciano, Social Media Marketing Specialist, Hawaiian Airlines.
- 8:00am-8:45am – Recruiting & Retaining Good Employees: Interview Basics.Speaker is Errin Tomlinson, Executive Recruiter, Bishop & Company.
- 9:00am-9:45am – Happiness U: Creating a positive workplace. Speaker is Alice Inoue, Founder, Happiness U.
- 10:00am-10:45am – What do Great Managers do Differently? Speakers are Lisa Daijo, Express Employment Professionals, and Russel Cheng, Co-Founder, DevLeague.
- 11:00am-11:45am – Employment 101: Know the law and protect yourself and your business.
Business Start-Ups and Manufacturing
- 8:00am-8:45am – Starting a Business: Here’s what you need to know. Speakers are Reg Baker, Reg Baker CPA & Associates; Joseph Burns, Director, Hawaii Small Business Development Center, and Jane Sawyer, District Director, Small Business Administration.
- 9:00am-9:45am – Selling at Large Retailers.
- 10:00am-10:45am – Government Resources for Manufacturers. Speakers are Mark Ritchie, Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism (DBEDT) ,and Jayna Uyehara, Business Action Center.
- 11:00am-11:45am – Manufacturing Initiative & Grant Program. Speakers are Wayne Inouye, Director, INNOVATE Hawaii, and Pono Chong, VP of Business Advocacy & Development, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii.
- COMPLIMENTARY for all attendees
- Lunch purchase:
- $15 for members
- $20 for non-members
Tables and sponsorship opportunities are available! Please contact Jenny Leefor more details.
Deadline to register is September 25, 2015.
Registration includes light Continental breakfast. $6 parking available at the Blaisdell Center Parking Lot.
Please note that registration is not confirmed until RSVP is received. No refunds accepted.