- Salty Wahine has been awarded the Golden Chile 1st Place Cook Off – Dry Seasoning/Rub Fowl in the 2018 Fiery Food Challenge for Hawaiian Rub!
- Salty Wahine has been awarded the Golden Chile 1st Place for People’s Choice Award for Spice /Rub in the 2018 Fiery Food Challenge for Island Volcano Seasoning!
- Salty Wahine takes 2nd Place for Best New Product Cook-Off for Island Volcano Seasoning!
- Salty Wahine takes 3rd Place for Cook-Off Food: Chili, Soup/Stew Mix for Island Curry!
- Salty Wahine takes 3rd Place for Cook-Off Food: Dry Seasoning/Rub Fruit Vegetable for Hawaiian Rub!
- Salty Wahine takes 3rd Place for Cook-Off Food: Dry Seasoning/Rub Fowl for Island Volcano Seasoning!
On January 26, 2018 the most prestigious awards in the spicy food industry were distributed at the Fiery Food Challenge Awards dinner in Irving, Texas, and Salty Wahine Gourmet Hawaiian Sea Salts came out on top! Hawaiian Rub (2), Island Volcano Seasoning (3), and Island Curry took home six awards.
The Fiery Food Challenge pits products from across the US and internationally against one another in more than 85 categories. Professional judges evaluate hundreds of sauces, salsas and other spicy treats and award first, second and third place prizes in each category. Awards are proudly displayed at Zest Fest, a spicy, zesty and flavorful food event held the same week as the Fiery Food Challenge at the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas.
Hawaiian Rub has now won three awards: Scovie Award 1st Place for Dry Rub Seasoning, Fiery Food Challenge 1st Place Golden Chile for Dry Seasoning/Rub Fowl, and Fiery Food Challenge 3rd Place Dry Seasoning/Rub Fruit Vegetable.
Island Volcano Seasoning has now won six awards: Scovie Award 2nd Place for Hot & Spicy table seasoning, Scovie Award 3rd place for meat required dry rub/seasoning all purpose, World Hot Sauce Awards 2nd place Pork Rub, Fiery Food Challenge 1st Place People’s Choice Award for Spice/Rub, 2nd Place Best New Product Cook-Off, and 3rd Place Cook-Off Dry Seasoning/Rub Fowl.
Island Curry has now won three awards: Scovie Awards 3rd Place for Meat Required – Unique Category, World Hot Sauce Awards 2nd Place for Fish Rub, and Fiery Food Challenge 3rd Place Cook-Off Chili, Soup/Stew Mix.
Passion Fruit, Orange, Guava Pepper has won two awards: Scovie Awards 3rd Place in the Cook It Up Unique Category and World Hot Sauce Awards World Champion Table Seasoning.
Laura Cristobal Andersland, Salty Wahine Owner, said “Salty Wahine made a huge splash at the Fiery Food Challenge with our first entry in this prestigious event. Island Volcano Seasoning won the People’s Choice Award during blind taste testing by the people attending the event. Island Volcano has become a Great Award-Winning Seasoning! I can’t believe we beat all these Texas barbeque rubs! It is nice to know that Kauai products can compete internationally and hold our own!”