The Hawaii Chamber Political Action Committee (ChamberPAC) was established to actively support state and local candidates who share the principles and priorities outlined in the Chamber’s Legislative Agenda. The PAC is an independent, autonomous organization that is not affiliated with any political party or candidate. The organization is non-partisan in its selection of candidates. ChamberPAC does not contribute to candidates based on their party affiliation or ideology. It contributes to those candidates who support issues and positions favorable to business and Hawaii’s economy.
Why contribute to the Hawaii ChamberPAC?
By supporting the PAC, you increase the business community’s ability to advance economic growth and enhance the quality of life for the people of Hawaii. Through our active advocacy efforts at the Legislature, the Chamber was able to make sure that the “Voice of Business” was heard. However, our work does not stop at the legislature. The Chamber must continue its work in supporting those in the legislature who supported us. Some of the issues that we have been successful in fighting include:
- Bills that would lead to increases in your Workers’ Compensation insurance premiums.
- Legislation that would increase mandated benefits on prepaid health care, increasing costs to businesses by $100 million.
- A mandate that requires a purchaser of a certain size business to keep all non-supervisory employees.
How can I contribute to the Hawaii ChamberPAC?
- Make a contribution via our online PayPal site. Please click on the below links to be transferred directly to our PayPal account.
- Write a separate check and send in the ChamberPAC envelope that is enclosed with your dues invoice. Contributions are not mandatory.
- Directly mail a check payable to Hawaii ChamberPAC to:
Hawaii ChamberPAC c/o Chamber of Commerce Hawaii
733 Bishop Street, Makai Tower, Suite 1200 Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
How much can I contribute?
Total contributions by an individual or any other entity to the ChamberPAC cannot exceed an aggregate amount greater than $2,000 for each election cycle (two donations: $1,000 for the Primary and $1,000 for the General). Please note that contributions that aggregate more than $100 will show on the public Campaign Spending Commission website. Contributions are not tax deductible. Also, contributions from any person with certain contracts with the state, any of its counties, or any department or agency thereof, are prohibited.
If you have any questions, please email us.