There are many social media channels out there and many have the potential for creating interest and engagement for your product(s) and business. We’ve assembled a few resources that might aid in your research into which account(s) are the best for your business and some strategies to consider.
- Entrepreneur.com: 8 tips to grow your business using social media
- Facebook: Creating a page — tutorial
- Hootsuite: 18 must-have social media marketing tips for business
- Business.com: 7 tips to improve social media engagement
- Techworld: 10 social media tips for startups
- Huffington Post: Social media tips for leaders
- Small Business Trends: 10 killer tips you should use when advertising on social media
Some quick takeaways:
- Be prepared to engage regularly. Posting once a month won’t keep your followers engaged.
- Try to be consistent in image and branding so your followers know you at a glance.
- Link your social channels to your website and communications.
- Try to set up a calendar to schedule the content you publish so it doesn’t all go out on the same day.
- Know your audience.
- Start tracking your followers and engagement so you know what content is working and what isn’t.
- Research whether advertising on social media will benefit your business, oftentimes it is an affordable option.