Have a whale of a good time and learn about protecting our ocean environment with a series of fun-filled performances, contests and activities throughout the mall, perfect for kids of all ages!
WHAT: Keiki and parents alike will enjoy interactive displays, musical presentations and engaging activities throughout Kahala Mall during Keiki Day August 6.
WHEN: Saturday, August 6 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: Kahala Mall
Hundreds of Oahu families are expected at the annual Kahala Mall Keiki Day!
11 – 11:50 a.m. Honu By the Sea
See an excerpt from “Honu By The Sea”, a family friendly, underwater musical fantasy. The show tells the story of a Waikiki surfer-beachboy who finds a magical sea star that grants him a wish to spend a day under the sea, where he meets many fascinating creatures. Don’t miss this musical excerpt that offers lessons on the value of friendship and the virtues of saving the ocean, and a cast meet and greet!
Other exciting activities throughout the event include:
- Create your own ocean art using recycled items from Art Explorium.
- Play with ocean-inspired props from Flip Books Hawaii.
- Experience NOAAA’s Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary activities.
- Learn about the ocean with Waikiki Aquarium’s educational activities
- Get glittered with Aloha Glitter’s ocean-themed glitter tattoos.
- Create honu puppets using recycled goods with Malama Na Honu.
- Play dress up and visit DOT’s Storm Water Management Program “Protect Our Water” for educational activities, prize wheel with questions relating to storm water and the storm drain system along the highways. See the storm water model that demonstrates how drains lead to the ocean, including pollution.
- Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii will have educational activities about protecting the ocean.
- Sea Life Park and more!
Contests! Enter to win a Dolphin Encounter, which entitles the recipient to one complimentary, 90-minute, Kids Aquatic Adventure program plus one complimentary digital photo package, valued at almost $400. Kids will enjoy a face-to-face dolphin encounter, a rendezvous with Hawaiian reef fish and other marine animals, and exciting activities and games and includes 20 minutes with dolphins in shallow water, and a chance to meet a variety of other sea animals.
Adults, spend a combined total of $350 through August 31 at any store, restaurant or at the theatres and receive an exclusive, limited-edition Kahala Mall summer tote designed by Oahu Artist Nick Kuchar, the talent behind “Nick Kuchar Art & Design Co.” Redeem your receipts for this vintage-inspired tote bag at the Kahala Mall Management office, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. One per person, maximum of two receipts per store, available while supplies last.
About Kahala Mall
With more than 100 retail stores and restaurants including Macy’s, The Apple Store, Whole Foods Market and Kahala Theatres, Kahala Mall provides a casual, family-friendly entertainment experience. Shop at both local and national retailers, discover unique treasures at our one-of-a-kind specialty merchants, see the latest films and indie movies, or simply stop and enjoy our wide variety of community events for all ages. Kahala Mall is located at 4211 Waialae Avenue in East O’ahu near Diamond Head, just minutes from Waikiki. Mall hours are Monday thru Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, visit KahalaMallCenter.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
FOR MEDIA ONLY: For an interview with Kahala Mall General Manager Ezy Paeste or digital images of the mall, please contact Jennifer Pang at (808) 371-2882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1670 Makaloa Street Ste. 204
Honolulu, Hawaii 96814