Be a part of the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii Young Professionals Program (YP) Mentor Hawaii cohort 6!
WHAT IS MENTOR HAWAII?
Mentor Hawaii is YP’s signature mentorship program that provides exclusive access to Hawaii’s top executives for one-on-one mentoring to support career growth and elevated business acumen.
While the one-on-one mentorship is designed to be tailored to each mentee’s specific goals, Mentor Hawaii provides a structured program as well as guidelines for suggested topics and best practices to make the most out of a mentorship experience.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
During the six-month long program, mentors in cohort 6 can expect:
- Kick-Off Introductory Breakfast – for mentor/mentee pairs to get acquainted and learn more about program expectations and desired outcomes
- Five Monthly Meetings With Your Mentor – in-person or Zoom/phone call meetings
- Celebratory Wrap Event – to recap the success of the program and network with other cohort mentees and mentors
- Other Cohort Networking Opportunities
Note: Above events and opportunities may be virtual given the COVID-19 pandemic and necessary precautions.
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM FEE?
$275 (standard rate)
* If you are selected for the program, you will be invoiced according to your application date.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? HOW DO I APPLY?
Applications are now closed for the 2021 Mentor Hawaii Program. Please check back in December 2021 when applications for the 2022 Mentor Hawaii Program will open.
WHO ARE THE MENTORS?
- Lynn Babington, President, Chaminade University
- Mike Ching, Managing Partner, Ernst & Young
- Wenona Harris, Executive Vice President, Digital, Anthology
- Malcolm Inamine, Chief Operations Officer, Hawaii Foodbank, Inc.
- Louise Ing, Partner, Dentons US LLP
- John Komeiji, General Counsel & Vice President, Kamehameha Schools
- Pam Chambers, Owner, Pam Chambers Consulting
- Marie Kumabe, Principal, Kumabe HR
- Bryan Luke, President & Chief Executive Officer, Hawaii National Bank
- Avi Mannis, Senior Vice President Marketing, Hawaiian Airlines
- Gladys Marrone, Executive Director, Nareit Hawaii
- Arnold Martines, EVP & Chief Banking Officer, Central Pacific Bank
- Lori McCarney, Executive Director, Hawaii Bicycling League
- John McNamara, President, CommPac
- Sherry Menor-McNamara, President & Chief Executive Officer, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii
- Kit Millan, Senior Vice President, Asset Management, Alexander & Baldwin
- Tim Mobley, President, Connext Global Solutions
- Robert Nobriga, President, Island Holdings, Inc.
- David Okabe, Executive Vice President/Chief Financial Officer, Hawaii Pacific Health
- Kurt Osaki, Chief Executive Officer, Osaki Creative Group
- Jim Takatsuka, Digital Advisor, Microsoft
- Deena Tearney, Founder & CEO, Pacific Point
- Ann Teranishi, President & CEO, American Savings Bank
- Lisa Truong Kracher, President & Chief Executive Officer, Staffing Solutions of Hawaii and Kahu Malama Nurses
- David Tumilowicz, Senior Director, Marketing & Advertising, Kaiser Permanente Hawaii
- Marty Welch, Chief Executive Officer, HEMIC
- Mark Yamakawa, President & Chief Executive Officer, Hawaii Dental Service
Here’s what previous cohort mentees have to say about their experience with the Mentor Hawaii program.
“Signing up for this program is one of the best things I have done for my career in a while. Being able to get advice from and be coached by a CEO is priceless! I’ve learned so much about what I can do to advance in my career, how to better advocate for myself, and how to communicate more effectively with my supervisor. My mentor has been very open and she’s easy to talk to, and she’s given me important insight into how a C-Level executive thinks.” -Program Graduate
“My mentor and I have been meeting in person every month and doing phone calls between our meetings. We’ve had great discussions about work culture, leadership development, self-awareness and advocacy.” -Program Graduate
“I loved my mentor’s willingness to participate in the program! It was so amazing to learn from someone in a safe environment since we did not work together.” -Program Graduate
“Mahalo for a great mentor experience! I enjoyed learning from my mentor on how to be a better manager and collaborator, and creating a connection that was extremely valuable.” -Program Graduate
MAHALO TO OUR SPONSORS!