Be a part of the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii Young Professionals Program (YP) Mentor Hawaii Cohort 7!
WHAT IS MENTOR HAWAII?
Mentor Hawaii is YP’s signature mentorship program that provides exclusive access to Hawaii’s top executives for one-on-one mentoring to support career growth and elevated business acumen.
While the one-on-one mentorship is designed to be tailored to each mentee’s specific goals, Mentor Hawaii provides a structured program as well as guidelines for suggested topics and best practices to make the most out of a mentorship experience.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
During the six-month long program, mentors in Cohort 7 can expect:
- Kick-Off Introductory Breakfast – for mentor/mentee pairs to get acquainted and learn more about program expectations and desired outcomes
- Five Monthly Meetings With Your Mentor – in-person or Zoom/phone call meetings
- Celebratory Wrap-Up Event – to recap the success of the program and network with other cohort mentees and mentors
- Other Cohort Networking Opportunities
Note: Above events and opportunities may be virtual given the COVID-19 pandemic and necessary precautions.
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM FEE?
- Early Bird: $275 (accepted until January 7, 2022)
- Standard Rate: $300 (EXTENDED until January 28, 2022)
- APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
* If you are selected for the program, you will be invoiced according to your application date.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? HOW DO I APPLY?
The 2022 Mentor Hawaii Program applications are now open. To apply, please click here for application form. Complete and email Nikki Yamauchi at email@example.com by January 28, 2022.
The Mentor Hawaii program is open to current YP members. (Not yet a member? Learn more about the YP Program and/or email us to discuss membership benefits and options.)
For questions or more information, please email Mentor Hawaii Program co-chairs Nikki Yamauchi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alena Auyoung (email@example.com).
Congratulations to the 2022 Mentor and Mentees!
- Lance Askildson, Chaminade University > Brysson Morita, American Savings Bank
- Lynn Babington, Chaminade University > Celinda LoBosco, Hawaiian Airlines
- Wendy Burkholder, The Queen’s Health Systems > Denise Della-Sabas, Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center
- Pam Chambers, Pam Chambers Consulting > Marija Begovic, Aloha Family Dental Centers
- Mike Ching, EY > Victor Chun, American Savings Bank
- Wenona Harris, Anthology Marketing Group > Abby Sadoy, Brafton
- Malcolm Inamine, Hawaiiana Group Incorporated > Ryan Kamo, Design Partners, Inc.
- Micah Kāne, Hawaii Community Foundation > Stacey Higa, Chaminade University
- Mike Kaya, City Square Management Services > Ian Heilbron, Lunalilo Hone
- John Komeiji, Kamehameha Schools > Justin Akai, Equitable Advisors
- Marie Kumabe, Kumabe HR > Pili Valderrama, Hawaii National Bank
- Bryan Luke, Hawaii National Bank > Jessica Yamamoto, Yelp
- Avi Mannis, Hawaiian Airlines > Ryan Escober, American Savings Bank
- Lisa Maruyama, Hawaii Alliance of Non-Profit Organizations > Adriann Gin, Hawaii Data Collaborative
- John McNamara, Hawaii Pacific Health > Tristan Cummins, Wakeful State
- Tammy Mencel, Pacific Business News > Lauren Arakawa, Microsoft
- Sherry Menor-McNamara, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii > Danielle Sturkie, ADP
- Tim Mobley, Connext Global Solutions > Britton Komine, Hawaii Air National Guard
- Brennon Morioka, UH Manoa, College of Engineering > Lance Hirai, G70
- Unyong Nakata, Nakata Advisory LLC > Becky Mangrobang, AlohaCare
- Robert Nobriga, Island Holdings, Inc. > Stan Huang, Hawaiian Host Group
- David Okabe, Hawaii Pacific Health > Joshua Yee, Ernst & Young
- Kurt Osaki, Osaki Creative Group > Megahn Chun, Meadow Gold Dairies Hawaii
- Jim Takatsuka, Microsoft > Sherman Chum, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
- Ann Teranishi, American Savings Bank > Kristi Hatanaka, HEMIC
- Lisa Truong Kracher, Staffing Solutions of Hawaii and Kahu Malama Nurses, Array Corporation > Trey Takahashi, Olomana Loomis ISC
- Deena Tearney, Pacific Point > Monchalee Ota, Nimbus Unlimited
- Gwen Yamamoto-Lau, Hawaii Green Infrastructure Authority (DBEDT) > Ethan Landy, Sensei Ag Holdings, Inc.
Here’s what previous cohort mentees have to say about their experience with the Mentor Hawaii program.
“I applied for the Mentor Hawaii program because I believed that having an accomplished business mentor that I could learn from would serve as an integral part in my professional development. Therefore, I was astonished that my experience in the program had surpassed all of my expectations. Not only did my mentor serve as a great teacher and role model, but I was pleasantly surprised at how down-to-Earth and attentive she was during each of our mentoring sessions. My mentor showed great care and provided a space during our talks where I could be completely open and candid with her about my goals, fears, and challenges. We even collaborated on tangible steps after each session to ensure that I was not only sharing my goals with her, but creating an action plan I can follow to eventually achieve them. In short, the Mentor Hawaii program is an amazing experience that I will never forget and one I would highly recommend for any young professional looking to take their professional AND personal development to the next level.” – Program Graduate
“Signing up for this program is one of the best things I have done for my career in a while. Being able to get advice from and be coached by a CEO is priceless! I’ve learned so much about what I can do to advance in my career, how to better advocate for myself, and how to communicate more effectively with my supervisor. My mentor has been very open and she’s easy to talk to, and she’s given me important insight into how a C-Level executive thinks.” -Program Graduate
“My mentor and I have been meeting in person every month and doing phone calls between our meetings. We’ve had great discussions about work culture, leadership development, self-awareness and advocacy.” -Program Graduate
“I loved my mentor’s willingness to participate in the program! It was so amazing to learn from someone in a safe environment since we did not work together.” -Program Graduate
“Mahalo for a great mentor experience! I enjoyed learning from my mentor on how to be a better manager and collaborator, and creating a connection that was extremely valuable.” -Program Graduate
MAHALO TO OUR SPONSORS!