Be a part of the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii Young Professionals Program (YP) Mentor Hawaii Cohort 8!
WHAT IS MENTOR HAWAII?
Mentor Hawaii is YP’s signature mentorship program that provides exclusive access to Hawaii’s top leaders across various industries for one-on-one mentoring to support career growth, leadership development and elevated business acumen.
While the one-on-one mentorship is designed to be tailored to each mentee’s specific goals, Mentor Hawaii provides a structured program with guidelines for suggested topics and best practices to make the most out of the mentorship experience.
Mentees have made notable accomplishments since their participation in the program, such as being recognized by Pacific Business News’ as “40 Under 40”, promoted to organizational leadership roles and pursuing national opportunities.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
During the six-month long program, mentors in Cohort 8 can expect:
- Kick-Off Introductory Breakfast – for mentor/mentee pairs to get acquainted and learn more about program expectations and desired outcomes
- Five Monthly Meetings With Your Mentor – in-person or Zoom/phone call meetings
- Celebratory Wrap-Up Event – to recap the success of the program and network with other cohort mentees and mentors
- Other Cohort Networking Opportunities
Note: Above events and opportunities may be virtual given the COVID-19 pandemic and necessary precautions.
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM FEE?
- Early Bird: $275 (accepted until Friday, January 20, 2023)
- Standard Rate: $300 (until Tuesday, January 31, 2023)
- APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
* If you are selected for the program, you will be invoiced according to your application date.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? HOW DO I APPLY?
The 2023 Mentor Hawaii Program applications are now open! To apply, please click here for application form. Complete and submit to the Mentor Hawaii Committee at YPMentorHawaii@gmail.com by Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
For questions or more information, please email the Mentor Hawaii Program Committee (YPMentorHawaii@gmail.com).
Meet the 2023 Mentors
- Lance Askildson, Provost, Chaminade University
- Dr. Lynn Babington, President, Chaminade University
- Wendy Burkholder, Vice President – Ambulatory Services Division, The Queen’s Health System
- Mike Ching, Managing Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Captain Alexander Hutchinson, Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet
- Malcolm Inamine, Executive Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer, Hawaiiana Group Incorporated
- Mike Kaya, General Manager, City Square Management Services
- John Komeiji, Retired General Counsel/VP
- Lisa Truong Kracher, Vice President, Array Corporation
- Marie Kumabe, Principal, Kumabe HR
- Bryan Luke, President & CEO, Hawaii National Bank
- Avi Mannis, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Hawaiian Airlines
- John McNamara, Senior Vice President of Marketing & Communications, Hawai’i Pacific Health
- Tammy Mencel, Market President & Publisher, Pacific Business News
- Sherry Menor-McNamara, President & CEO, Chamber of Commerce Hawaii
- Tim Mobley, President, Connext Global Solutions
- Brennon Morioka, Dean, College of Engineering at University of Hawai’i Manoa
- Unyong Nakata, Founder & Principal, Nakata Advisory LLC
- David Okabe, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Hawai’i Pacific Health
- April Rutherford, Senior Vice President and Executive Creative Director – Advertising, Anthology a FINN Partners Company
- Jesse Sheley, Director & Market Executive, Pacific Islands at Merrill
- Jan Sullivan, EVP & COO, Oceanit
- Jim Takatsuka, Strategic Client Director, Microsoft
- John Ward, EVP & Chief Marketing & Product Officer, American Savings Bank
- Deena White Tearney, Founder & CEO, Pacific Point
- Captain Andre Wilson, Senior United States Naval Officer
- Gwen Yamamoto-Lau, Executive Director, Hawaii Green Infrastructure Authority (DBEDT)
Here’s what previous cohort mentees have to say about their experiences with the Mentor Hawaii program.
“This was my first professional mentorship experience and I LOVED it! This program has impacted my professional (and personal) development so positively. I noticed major differences impacting my work from small improvements I chose to make and test out based on conversations and suggestions my mentor and I discussed together. My mentorʻs experience and feedback were invaluable. She was the best support and cheerleader I had outside of my organization, and the person I needed to guide me at this stage in my career as I enter a new season. The rest of the YP community has been an amazing resource for me and I found many meaningful connections with other mentees and committee members through the events I’ve attended so far. I would highly recommend this program to anyone interested in improving their careers, seeking guidance, or wanting to get more involved with other diverse professionals in the industry.”
“I’m extremely impressed with the professionalism and how organized this program is. Exceptional.”
“Signing up for this program is one of the best things I have done for my career in a while. Being able to get advice from and be coached by a CEO is priceless! I’ve learned so much about what I can do to advance in my career, how to better advocate for myself, and how to communicate more effectively with my supervisor. My mentor has been very open and she’s easy to talk to, and she’s given me important insight into how a C-Level executive thinks.”
“I would like to congratulate the YP team for this amazing program.”
“I loved my mentor’s willingness to participate in the program! It was so amazing to learn from someone in a safe environment since we did not work together.”
“Thank you for this program! My mentor helped me tremendously in determining the next steps in my career.”
MAHALO TO OUR SPONSORS!