The Military Affairs Council (MAC) is comprised of business leaders and retired U.S. flag and general officers to advocate and liaison with the military commands to:
- Support the U.S. military’s role in support of the national security strategy and emphasize the value of Hawaii as the strategic headquarters for military operations in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Act on behalf of the State of Hawaii to preserve and protect the state’s critical role in serving as the strategic U.S. state from which to command and control military, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations in Asia Pacific.
- Identify the potential impacts to the defense industry, Hawaii’s businesses and the surrounding communities and strive to attract other public-private ventures with the military.
- Bridge mutual understanding and provide continuity between senior military and business leadership.
- Externally, endorse the needs of Hawaii-based military commands with key defense officials, military chiefs, Hawaii’s congressional delegation and other congressional officials on Capitol Hill.
View more information about joining the MAC.
For more information about the Chamber’s Military Affairs activities, please email our Military Affairs Department or call (808) 380-2612.
The Chamber of Commerce Hawaii is a 501(c)(6) organization and membership dues or sponsorship of an event is not tax deductible as a charitable donation, but may be deductible as a business expense. When determining deductibility, please consult your tax advisors.